The Electronics & Communication Engineering Department of SRIT Jabalpur was established in year 2001.Initially department started under-graduate programme and gradually started postgraduate programs .The department has experienced and well qualified faculty. Faculty members are actively involved in research activities and have many research publications in national and international journals and have participated in international & national conferences. Faculty members have also undertaken sponsored research projects. In consonance with the rapidly evolving technology, specialized laboratories have been established with a view to strengthening research and development. Equipped with state-of-art equipment and instruments, these assist students in learning various concepts through practical experience.
The department strives to train and empower our students who will make the world a better place by making use of engineering principles, techniques and systems. To that end, considerable initiatives have been taken to establish good laboratories in the areas of Electronics, Communication, Microwave, Digital Signal Processing, Microcomputer, Embedded and VLSI design with required hardware and simulation software. Here, the students are provided with greater exposure in the core areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering as compared to the students admitted in a similar program at other institutes of the state. The students are also encouraged to participate in the technical activities apart from the regular curriculum.
To Provide Quality Education and to inculcate professional skills in students so that they hold competitive edge in the healthy environment.
1. To educate our students to be able to come up with creative solution for the dynamic environment and adhere to the professional ethical code in the field of electronics & communication engineering.
2. To train and mentor the student in developing leadership qualities and team building skill.
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Students shall have a successful professional career in industry, academia, R & D organization or entrepreneur in specialized field of Electronics & Communication engineering and allied disciplines.
Students shall be competent, creative and valued professional in the field of Electronics and Communication engineering.
Students shall be engaged in life-long learning and professional development.
Become effective global associate, leading or participating to address technical, business, environmental and social challenges.
VLSI, Signal Processing and Embedded Systems: Demonstrate technical competency in the analysis, design, and validation of components in VLSI, Signal Processing, and Embedded Systems
Communication and Networking: Apply the domain knowledge in the implementation and performance analysis of Communication Systems and Computer Networks
Analog / Digital Circuit Design: Apply the conceptual knowledge in the analysis and/or design; evaluate analog/digital circuits and systems.
|1 June 2021 – 5:00 PM||Mr. Manadeep Bagchi
Designation – Campus Lead for Talent Acquisition Group (TAG) for Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)2. Ms. Aishwarya Gupta
Designation – Associate Campus Lead for Talent Acquisition Group (TAG) for Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
“TATTVA – CAMPUS INTERVIEW PREPARATION”
|18th June 2021 4:00 PM||Mr. Karan Kabra Tech Entrepreneur
An IIM – Ahmedabad Alumnus, with 13 years experience in AI, ML, BI & Enterprise SaaS.
Co – Founder of Startups – Sciffer Analytics and Logibricks Technologies in the area of Technology and Analytics.
|CAREERS IN TECHNOLOGY|
|9 JULY 2021 – 4:00 PM||Garima P Yadav Program Manager – John Deere India Private Limited AND Global Brand Ambassador At Society Of Women Engineers (SWE) Vice President At SWE Pune Affiliate||New Technologies and Various Roles Across Industry|
|14 Aug 2021 – 11:30 AM||Mr. Vasudevan Easwaran Learning & Development Specialist, Wipro||Emotional Intelligence|
|29 Sep 2021 – 4:00 PM||Mr.Prashant Patil, Senior Consultant TCS||Interview Tips for Technical and Managerial Round TCS|
|26th Feb 2022 – 12:00 PM||Mr. Nitesh Tiwari Lead Consultant Fiserv India Private Limited||Campus to Corporate|
|18 May 2022 – 9:30 AM||Mr. Abhishek Agarwal Director TIME Jabalpur||How to Crack Competitive Exams|
|6th June 2022 – 11:00 AM||Mr. Sushant Kumar India Head – Campus Recruitment, Tata Technologies 10 Years of IT Experience||Changing Landscape of Technologies in Organization|
|20 June 2022 – 11:00 AM||Lata Karki, Regional TAG Head, TCS Pune, TCS Nagpur 11+ Years Experience Pallabi Baruah Campus Lead, TCS Nagpur, Chhattisgarh, South MP Experience – 7+ Years Vishal Rampalle Campus Lead TCS Pune Experience – 7+ Years||“TATTVA and New Hiring Approach OF TCS”|
|15 July 2022 – 11:00 AM||Mr. Rahul Bhargava Founder & Director R Dot Ventures, Shekunj.com and Octahire.Com||Microsoft Career Orientation Program|
|18 July 2022 – 9:30 AM||Harshit Chouhan Hexaware Technologies Experience 8.5 Years||How to Prepare for Campus Placements|
|31 Aug 2022 – 5:00 PM||Swapnil Narayan, Microsoft||RoadMap To Crack Internships & Placements|
|3 Sep 2022 – 10:30 AM||Debashish Ghosh Vice-President & Country HR Head of Berkadia, Executive Alumnus of IIM Calcutta, Marshall Goldsmith Certified Coach||How to ace Campus Interviews|
|5 Sep 2022 – 10:00 AM||Sourabh Gupta – Chief Technical Officer Shekunj.com, RDV Group||Orientation on Microsoft Azure and Cloud Technologies|
|8 Sep 2022-12:30 PM||Abhishek Agrawal – Director TIME Jabalpur, ISB Alumni||Management As A Career Option|
|14th, 15th and 19th Sep 2022 and 20th, 21st and 22nd Sep 2022||Sushit Soni, CyberSecurity Trainer at Cisco Networking Academy, NIIT Foundation, Delhi||Workshop on Cyber Security by Cisco Networking Academy & NIIT Foundation|
|28 Sep 2022 – 6:00 PM||Shantanu Shubham – Incoming SDE at Amazon||How to Crack Software Development Engineering at Amazon|
|6 Oct 2022 – 10:30 AM||Vikram Jain – Senior Engineering Manager – Risk & Payments, Blackhawk Network||Software Development Careers and How to Prepare For It|
|8 Oct 2022 – 3:00 PM||Mr. Hrishikesh Jayant Dhande, Academic Relationship Manager, TCS, 18+ Years of Experience – Technical/ Delivery Roles||TCS Initiative & Opportunities|
|14 Oct 2022 – 3:00 PM||Mr. Vivek Kumar Dubey, CHRO, JWIL Infra Limited||Career Planning – What Industry Looks for In Engineers|
|18 Nov 2022 – 4:00 PM||Mr. Suyog Bhandekar, Sub IOU HR Head, Tata Consultancy Services||TCS Careers and Placements|
|No of Class Rooms||05+02 (Tutorial)|
|No of Laboratories||07|
|Total No of PCs||120|
|Total No of Projectors||06|
|Total No of Access Points||02|
|Total No of Switches||06|
|Departmental Library||352 No of Books|
|Internet Facility||100 Mbps BSNL, Jio, 40 Mbps Airtel|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC LABS & Faculty
Software LAB-1 (ROOM NO-102)
Software LAB-2 (ROOM NO-103)
Software LAB-3 (ROOM NO-109)
Hardware LAB-1 (ROOM NO-106)
Hardware LAB-2 (ROOM NO-108)
Hardware LAB-3 (ROOM NO-117)
|S. N.||Name||University Degree||Area of Specialization||Current Designation||Initial Date of Joining|
|1||Prof Ravi Mohan||M.E/M.Tech||COMMUNICATION SYSTEM||Assistant Professor||1/9/2007|
|2||Prof Divyanshu Rao||M.E/M.Tech||MICROWAVE ENGINEERING||Assistant Professor||1/1/2011|
|3||Prof Mithilesh Yadav||M.E/M.Tech||MICROWAVE ENGINEERING||Assistant Professor||2/2/2015|
|4||Prof Vineet Tiwari||M.E/M.Tech||OPTICAL COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||8/9/2016|
|5||Prof Prakash Jha||M.E/M.Tech||MICROWAVE ENGINEERING||Assistant Professor||2/15/2016|
|6||Prof Sumit Sharma||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||10/10/2005|
|7||Prof Vivek Singh Rajput||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||1/7/2003|
|8||Prof Deepak Asati||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||6/2/2015|
|9||Prof Megha Dubey||M.E/M.Tech||COMMUNICATION SYSTEM||Assistant Professor||5/9/2016|
|10||Prof Md Suhel||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||7/21/2014|
|11||Prof rahul Rathore||M.E/M.Tech||DIGITAL COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||7/22/2013|
|12||Prof Nazia Khan||M.E/M.Tech||DIGITAL COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||9/15/2018|
|13||Prof Bharti tiwari||M.E/M.Tech||DIGITAL COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||1/24/2017|
|14||Prof Ayushi Jaiswal||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||8/22/2017|
|15||Prof Pooja Jain||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||9/15/2016|
|16||Prof Neha Dubey||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||4/2/2009|
|17||SOURABH TIWARI||M.E/M.Tech||VLSI||Assistant Professor||8/8/2012|
|18||Prof Meenal Jain||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||2/2/2009|
|19||RAHUL KOSHTA||M.E/M.Tech||MICROWAVE ENGINEERING||Assistant Professor||8/1/2009|
|20||Prof shilpa Valecha||M.E/M.Tech||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||3/8/2013|
|21||Prof Preeti Sharma||M.E/M.Tech||DIGITAL COMMUNICATION||Assistant Professor||2/13/2012|
|22||DEEPIKA USRETHE||M.E/M.Tech||MICROWAVE ENGINEERING||Assistant Professor||7/1/2015|
|23||PRIYANKA CHOUKSEY||M.E/M.Tech||Communication System||Assistant Professor||9/1/2016|
Innovations by the Faculty in Teaching and Learning
Evaluation and inclusive class rooms that lead to effective, efficient and engaging instruction. Any Contributions to teaching and learning should satisfy the following criteria:
1. Smart Board – based classroom teaching allows more scope and time for interaction with students, rather than developing the concepts on the blackboard
2. Conducting of tutorial classes made more interactive and improves the learning process.
3. The need for having a language lab is being widely recognized by the English language Academia. Training in English Language lab encourage communication with activities and Exercises essential to oral communication and the understanding of the language.
4. Assignments on subject topics motivate the students self-learning process.
5. Laboratory manuals prepared by faculty members facilitates the learning by students