About the Course
SRIT offers a four-year under-graduate B.Tech CSE (IoT & Cyber Security including Blockchain Technology), which aims to develop a strong foundation of the functional and operational aspects of IoT, Cyber Security and Blockchain Technology. Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber security and Block chain Technology are the most significant technological innovations which act as the big game Changer of the world.
A Blockchain is a decentralized, distributed and public digital ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers so that the record cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the consensus of the network.
Cybersecurity refers technological solutions used to protect the integrity of networks, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. Internet of Things are sensors and actuators connected by networks to computing systems. These systems can monitor or manage the health and actions of connected objects and machines. By 2026 globally approximately 26.4 billion IoT devices are expected to be in service. It has been also projected that there would be around 11.4 billion consumer IoT devices and 13.3 billion enterprise IoT devices globally by 2025.
IoT is being used to create smart infrastructure in various verticals such as Agriculture & Smart Farming, Automotive, Defense, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Power, Safety & Surveillance, Smart Cities, Smart Homes, Transportation. Blockchain Technology enhance the security of IoT devices and their associated networks by providing a trusted sharing service, where information is reliable and can be traceable. Blockchain technology allows data sources to be identified at any time and data remains immutable over time, increasing its security. Blockchain improves Cybersecurity practices through encryption and strengthened connections.
Career Prospects : Scope
Career paths in IOT, Cyber security & Blockchain are Non-Linear & also Multidirectional.
Internet of Things (IoT) industry could be valued at up to $12.6 trillion globally by 2030, according to McKinsey research.IoT global market size is expected to reach $ 1 Trillion by 2026 from mere connectivity to IoT-powered applications, platforms, and services. Blockchain technology has the potential to boost according to PwC’s “Time for trust” report global gross domestic product (GDP) by US$1.76 trillion & creating 40 million job opportunities by 2030.In India Blockchain has the potential to boost $62.2 billion & 3.2 million job by 2030.
India’s Cybersecurity sector is estimated to create 1.5 million job by 2025 and is projected to grow by 32% by 2028.Report by the World Economic Forum (WEF) states “There is an undersupply of cyber professionals—a gap of more than 3 million worldwide who can provide cyber leadership, test and secure systems, and train people in digital hygiene”
- Blockchain Architect / Consultant / Developer / Manager / Research Analyst
- Blockchain Software Engineer
- Cryptocurrency Analyst / Developer / Mining Engineer
- Cyber Forensics Solutions architect
- Cyber Security Architect /Administrator
- Ethereum Developer
- Full-stack Blockchain Engineer
- Hyperledger Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- IoT Architect / Developer / Solutions Engineer / Systems Administrator
- IoT & Smart City – Applications Developer
- IoT Test Engineer
- IoT & Smart City Technical Support Engineer
- Malware Analyzer / Engineer
- Node Js Blockchain Developer
- Network security analyst
- Penetration Tester / Ethical Hacker
- Professions in sensors
- Security Consultant / Programmer
- Solidity Developer
- Vulnerability/Cyber Engineer
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 40% job growth rate for information security analysts between 2020-2038.
- Builds a solid foundation in advanced technologies of IoT, Cybersecurity and Block chain technology through industry-oriented curriculum
- Hands-on industry projects and regular sessions by industry experts
- Gain expertise in advanced topics such as Industrial and Medical IoT Applications, IoT Security, Trust based Computing, Cyber Security and Forensics, Ethical Hacking, Cloud Security, Blockchain Technology and Use cases, Blockchain Programming with Node Js, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, Distributed Ledger Technology, Smart Contracts and Application etc.
About 90% of students from the IoT and Cyber security including Block chain Technology department get placed. The average salary of IoT and Cyber security including Block chain Technology Engineer is around 10 lakhs per annum. This depends on the individual’s experience and the company that they are working for. The salary does increase with experience.