To be among the top ranking Civil Engineering Department for education, research, consultancy and outreach programs. Civil engineering is considered to be the backbone for all type of developments. Civil Engineering involves the application of scientific principles and knowledge of mathematics, theory of mechanics and application of computers to the planning, analysis, design and construction for all type of infrastructures.
Welcome to the department of civil engineering, it is an honor for me to welcome the keen learning generation of modern India to a prestigious dorm of knowledge. This department has very strong undergraduate program. The department program is focused on providing not only the technical knowledge but also to encourage the student to be more innovative.
To be the foundation for creativity and innovation in Civil Engineering.
To provide state-of-art education, research and consultancy in Civil Engineering for the sustainable development and benefit of the society.
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
To enable the graduates with technical expertise so that they are able to provide solutions to various problems in civil engineering practice or research and in other chosen fields, based on sound principles considering functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- Drawing hall
- Surveying Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Geoinformatic / Geology Lab
- Water Resources Lab
- Concrete Laboratory
- Structure & Heavy Structures Laboratory
- Soil & Material Testing Laboratory
|S. N.||Name||University Degree||Area of Specialization||Current Designation||Initial Date of Joining|
|1||Prof. NOEL GEORGE||M.E/M.Tech||Geotech. Engg.||Professor||10/1/2001|
|1||Mr. SHEETAL KUMAR||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||7/21/2014|
|2||Mr. ROHIT K. LODHI||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||7/21/2015|
|2||Mr. GOURAV SACHDEVA||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||8/13/2016|
|3||Mr. BHARAT MISHRA||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||8/29/2016|
|4||Mr. SHAILENDRA PARANJPE||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||8/3/2015|
|5||Mr. AMIT SINGH||M.E/M.Tech||Geotech. Engg.||Assistant Professor||8/17/2017|
|7||Mr. AKASH SAMADHIYA||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||7/9/2018|
|8||Mr. RAVI PATEL||M.E/M.Tech||Enviromental Engg.||Assistant Professor||7/12/2018|
|9||Mr. DEEPAK BAGHEL||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||8/16/2017|
|10||Mr. SHIV SINGH||M.E/M.Tech||Enviromental Engg.||Assistant Professor||9/7/2018|
|11||Mr. AMAN JAIN||M.E/M.Tech||Geotech. Engg.||Assistant Professor||1/22/2019|
|12||Ms. BHARTI SURYAWANSHI||Assistant Professor||7/4/2012|
|13||Ms. SHIKHA SHRIVASTAVA||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||3/8/2021|
|14||Mr. ADITYA VISHWAKARMA||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||2/1/2017|
|15||Mr. DILIP SHRIVASTAVA||M.E/M.Tech||Geotech. Engg.||Assistant Professor||8/8/2019|
|16||Mr. WAQUAR HUSAIN||M.E/M.Tech||Structures||Assistant Professor||11/1/2021|
|17||Dr. SHALEM ERNEST||M.E/, Ph.D||Structures||Associate Professor||8/1/2018|
|18||Dr. PRADEEP UPPAL||M.E/, Ph.D||Enviromental Engg.||Associate Professor||6/6/2014|